Lots of people can be depressed without knowing it. They say to themselves I feel like doing nothing today or I don’t want to go out of my bed today. What they don’t know is that depression starts with a sad feeling which can lead to a loss of interest in activities they once enjoyed.
Sometimes our bodies are so stressed out that it begins to affect our hormones and leads us to fast breathing. When this happens your blood vessels tighten and can put your body in a state of emergency and this can lead to heart disease.
Depression can also lead to an unproductive life and if nothing is done about it, it will ruin your life and your future. I have suffered depression over and over again. When I was in Africa, I knew nothing about depression, it was when I traveled out that I was able to come to the knowledge that I have suffered depression right from a young age. If you want to know more please get my book from this LINK. In my book Light Shining Through Darkness, I narrated what happened to me, how I came out of depression, and other life issues that almost claimed my life.
Do you know that life can be enjoyable only if you know how to come out of that state of depression? Life is cool and living life to the fullness is incredible.
Take a good look at how many people, especially women who are depressed and allow that depression to swallow up their potentials because they don’t know how to come out of it.
Depression can occur for different reasons. Depression can be triggered by different issuess of life and this could be a divorce or a stressful life. It can also be the death of a dear one, money worries, and the loss of a job. For some people, it is about people’s perception of them. When you have low self-esteem, this can also be a factor in depression, social isolation, and daily life stress can trigger depression in a person. The record has shown that women are twice as often depressed as men.
When you are depressed for a long time, it can affect your skin and it can also affect your sleep. You end up having puffy eyes and a dull lifeless complexion. You will be surprised that depression can also affect your immune system, but no worries because below are some natural ways to beat depression.
Some Natural Way To Get Out Of Depression.
I will also recommend that you don’t quit your anti-depression medication in a hurry. You can discuss it with your doctor first.
1. Serve Others- There is always joy in serving others. I am not saying to be a slave to people it means to go out and serve people with your potentials. There must be something you enjoy doing, Do it without expecting a reward. Do that thing that is bigger than you. To be successful is earned that is why it starts by serving others.
2. Do Something You Can Control- Lots of people especially women go into depression because they depend on people’s opinions to function. Set a workable goal for yourself but not overwhelming. Be real with you and your vision, and never have the impression of pleasing people. Learn from all your mistakes because they are there to bring out your best and to be of service with it to others.
3. Engage In Pleasant Events- Pleasant event means giving yourself a vacation. Permit yourself for at least 30-1 hour a day to be by yourself. Do some meditation. Have time for your hobby and if you don’t have one create one and keep a good routine of it. Always do these activities with the right mind. I use gratitude as my motto every single day. So when I wake up in the morning the first thing that comes out of my mouth is THANK YOU LORD FOR ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY DAY. And after my daily activities, I go back to bed with a grateful heart thanking God for what I accomplished for the day. With reflection on things that went wrong for the day, I can appreciate them by taking out the lessons from them.
4. Live In The Present- Practice Mindfulness. Never you form the habit of self-judgment. Lots of people after a breakup or disappointment find it difficult to snap out of it. They blame others all the days of their lives for what happens to them. When you find yourself in that situation, reframe from it and snap out of it. Bring your mind back to the present. Be bold and confident in yourself. It takes two to tangle so whatever must have happened in your past happens not just with you alone, so learn to forgive yourself and move on.
5. Eat well- It is not all about wellness or excising. You must learn to eat and treat yourself well. Take the time to love yourself and that will give you the mind to eat well. Know that whatever you eat will reflect on your appearance.
6. Focus On Positive Friends and People- Taking time to focus on positive people that appreciate you will bring a balance to your life. Never isolate yourself from the outside world because isolation leads to depression.
7. Have Regular Sleep- Staying up late is harmful to your health. But if you are a nurse or any care worker this is exceptional. But make sure you get your sleep after each duty. Never try to stay up late and wake up very late the other day for no reason, because that is food for depression.
When you practice these skills it will help you naturally to overcoming depression.
In conclusion. Lots of people have so many excuses as to why they can’t function well. You must know that no matter how many medications you take if you don’t apply your self will motivation, it can still hinder your mood. These natural ways can take time, but when you start with a step it will bring the result in due time.
”Good health is more than gold so take the time to treat yourself well”
– Jane van Zundert
Please feel free to share this post with your friends and loved ones.
Remember I’m your sister in Christ.