It might sound crazy to know how many times we say ‘Yes’ while we mean to say ‘No’. We often say yes to things we are not comfortable with and that leads to acting in certain ways that are no longer congruent with the truth. This can be as a result of trying to get the approval of those around you or even your boss at work and sometimes it is among our friends. Trying to please people will not only leave you angry and frustrated but it will also affect your health.
I have come to the knowledge that I have given my power out so many times without really been aware of it because it became a lifestyle for me. I now know the dangers that come with it and that is why I am giving out these 7 tips that will help you get your power back irrespective of who is involved so that you will begin to enjoy your everyday life.
7 Tips To Help You Get Your Power Back!
1. Say ‘No’ With Conviction- Only if people come of the knowledge of how unhealthy it is to say yes when they mean to say no, they will begin to reframe from it immediately. Humans are insatiable so, you can never please them. Even when you try to do it, the very day you refused to obliged to them, it will be the incident they will ever remember. So saying no with conviction will enable you to get your power back and begin to live a free life. “The power to say No lies within you, so don’t hesitate to use it if need be. – Jane van Zundert
2. Stop The I Will Game– We all are here to help each other at the point of need, but we must also know that we can not be there for everyone and can also not save everyone. Allow people to discover their path because we all are born with uniqueness. It is up to people to find their path, so playing the role of a savior can be very dangerous. This happens a lot in some churches that have led lots of people confused and frustrated. It is good to talk to people but let it be up to them to find their path.
3. Run From Toxic People Without An Apology-Lots of people are having a hard time walking away from toxic people, they rather choose to manage them. If you must get your power back you must be ready to move out of every toxic gathering. That gathering of false preachers, that job, friendship, abusive marriage, relationship, or even a friend that seems to you as a best friend.
Entertaining them will drain you of your energy and leave you confused. You have the right to walk away from every manipulative and toxic circle even if it is a circle of prayer warriors. If you find anything toxic, move out because it is your life and we have one life to live, so choosing to live it to its fullness is what is best for you. Set your boundaries to get your power back and begin to enjoy the liberty in which Christ has come to give to us.
4. Let Go Of Guilt And Blame- What has happened in the past is gone, though it sometimes leaves us with scars that we assumed can never be wiped out. But letting go of that guilt and blame will surely help you get your power and sanity back. It might be the blame of your marriage not working out, your parents abandoning you at a tender age, been left alone with pregnancy, etc.
Blame and guilt are very poisonous, so you don’t want to hold onto them. Lots of people stop living regarding what has happened to them in the past. They hold onto it and blame every other situation on it. Please let it go for your health’s sake because it is all about the reality of life. The only thing that will help us heal from the pain of the past is letting go and taking the lessons from it. Learn to turn those lessons and pain into positive energy to serve your generation.
5. Believe In You And Just Trust The Process- One way to get your power back is believing in yourself. You need to be able to have that and trust whatever you do. Learn to applaud yourself, because it will open new doors for you. When you learn to believe in yourself, your level of confidence will increase, and those that use to know you as a sad and lonely person will have no choice but to celebrate you. “When you see yourself as confident others will cherish what you have.- Jane van Zundert“
6. Be Ready To Walk Alone– The moment you find out who you are, others might see you as being a rebel and harsh, do not worry. This is part of the reaction you will see when you are on the road to getting your power back. Some people might walk out of your life or you might begin to see the people in your life who are there to push you down each time you try to make headway. This is because sometimes the people standing and supporting might not be willing to hang around when we find out their manipulating behaviors.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
This is to show us that God is always with us. So anytime you feel lonely, take a deep look inside and remember the promises of God for you.
7. Get Your Power Back Without Apology- To be able to get your power back without an apology is never to allow people’s perception of you, be a big deal to you. People will always see the wrong side when they don’t get what they want. Those that are good in manipulating like those false preachers will stop at nothing other than to see you fall and be destroyed. Reclaim your power back, by doing that which you are born to do. Speak out irrespective of what others think of you. Your life is yours and you have the power to guide it with the help of Christ in you which is the hope of all glory.
Take back your power from whosoever you have given it to! Have you allowed your joy, personality, or peace of mind be taken away? It could be a job, friend, family member, your pastor or prophets, etc. As for me, I have done that. What about you?
Please feel free to share this post with your friends and loved ones. Please do leave your comment in the comment session below.
Remember I’m your sister in Christ.