Are you imagining being like someone else? Are you ignoring your voice just because of people’s perception of you? Most especially if you are a woman, have you been pushed aside just because you are born a woman?
Here is a word for you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made and you were created with your very self uniqueness. So no matter how you try to speak, walk, dance, dress like other people it will only bring you frustration and dissatisfaction in life.
Know for sure that not everyone will like the way you speak, dress, or carry yourself. That is who you are, any attempt to change that by comparing yourself to others will ruin you and your vision.
Even research has shown that trying to compare ourselves to others can come from low self-esteem, lack of confidence, and from trying to compromise by trying to please others instead of ourselves. If you want to be able to appreciate who you are without comparing yourself to others, hold unto these few points.
1. Learn to be grateful– When you practice gratitude, your eyes will be open to your talent. You will be more committed to your vision and voice, so no matter what others do, you can learn but you will be determined to stay with your uniqueness.
2. Live in contentment- When you are grateful it leads to contentment. This allows you to be satisfied with who you are, irrespective of any obstacles that arise. You will never be worried about other people’s perception of you.
3. Focus on your strength- taking time to applaud yourself in what you do, will lead to a happy life. Take time to write down things that you love about yourself. Not what others think of you but what you think of yourself and make them personal.
4. Don’t compare your life to someone else- This is most common with social media, where lots of people are so busy trying to copy others on social media. This has lead to lots of destruction and low self-esteem. Yes, social media is good when you stay in your uniqueness. Never be carried away with what you see and hear on media because there is lots of drama behind it.
5. Learn to celebrate others- In this generation that people only want to be celebrated, but never take a turn to celebrate others. They want all attention on themselves but will never take time to appreciate others. This has become so rampant that people are constantly comparing themselves to others. Take for example, when some get a new job be genuinely happy for them. Learn to appreciate the good things in people’s life, stop turning the attention to yourself. Find great ways either big or small to celebrate people’s accomplishments.
6. Compete with yourself- Social media has left lots of people frustrated that they no longer see the good in themselves. If you are someone finding it impossible to be satisfied with your blessings, then it is time to take a break from everything that distracts you. If you are always comparing yourself to other people’s blessings instead of appreciating what God has done for you, then it is time to take social media fast.
I was so distracted by a particular network. It was a church in Nigeria. I became so addicted to it and almost cost me my life and my marriage. Thank God for his mighty deliverance, it was only in this corona time my eyes opened to see all the false doctrine and miracles that was been displayed on the television.
I did nothing other than to unsubscribe from the platform and I can proudly say that I have gained my sanity back and all the fear that is been transformed into me was gone. I leave a better and happy life now. When you are conscious of what you watch and listen to, it goes a long way to keep you away from comparing yourself to others.
Please feel free to share this post with your friends and loved ones.
Remember I’m your sister in Christ.