A toxic marriage is where one or both parties turn every issue into a big one that can become unhealthy and emotional. Sometimes spotting it can be difficult because the marriage seems good to the outside world.
- Stand up for yourself- Know who you’re. Know your worth and never allow anyone to make you the victim. Confront your partner and try to resolve things. If it’s not working, then seek professional help. Don’t languish in silent because it leads to mental issues.
- Invest in Yourself- Love yourself and take time to discover what you like and who you want to become. Most times, people seem to forget all about themselves but do all in their power to invest in a toxic marriage or relationship. When you don’t learn to love and invest in yourself no one will.
- Let the past rest- never make the mistake of dragging your past into your present relationship or marriage. Let what happened in the past rest in the past. Take time to heal and allow God to be the head of your new home.
- Be kind to yourself- No matter what you do. if you don’t take it easy on yourself you might become too fast to react when there are issues between you and your partner. Learn to listen to the other party if need be and find a way to solve things. If it is not working then you might consider seeing an expert.
- Avoid negative energy- Surround yourself with books and people that can help you see through what you’re passing through. Take some time to meditate and reflect. To know if you want to remain in a toxic marriage or relationship. Find that inner voice, listen and God will direct your ways.
Please feel free to share this post with your friends and loved ones. Remember,
I’m your sister in Christ.