God is faithful and, He is a lovely father. He will never leave nor forsake us. He is always out to protect and separate us from evil friends. God will always separate you from unfriendly friends to save you. It might seem painful, but it is for your good.
Having friends is good and healthy. But we must be careful in choosing our friends wisely. And when we finally find a good friend, they are likely to possess these qualities.
- Friend that supports our dreams.
- Friend that respects our boundaries.
- Friend that helps our light to shine.
- Friend that is there when we need them.
- Trust and honest friends.
There are also unfriendly friends whose job is to distract us from our goals and drain us of our energy.
- These are friends who will never respect our boundaries.
- They disregard us both in public and secret.
- They are full of jealousy and never want us to outshine them.
- They are backstabbers.
- They cannot stand the fact that we’re bold to go for our dream.
- Backbiting friends.
- Dream killers.
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
The above verse indicates that we are the light of the world. No man lights a candle and puts it under a bowl because the lights will go out and will never shine for others to see.
The dangers of unfriendly friends are:
- They will push us away from our life purpose and, we might end up dimming our light to please them.
- They can kill out of jealousy.
I encourage you today to allow God to lead you and separate you from every unfriendly friend so you can become who you’re ordained to be.
Please feel free to share this post with your friends and loved ones.
Remember I am your sister in Christ.